How You Can Help
There are many great ways to get involved with Pittsfield Listens!
Sign up for our email list
Our email updates provide information on Pittsfield Listens programs, events and local news. Sign up.
Donate – Click here to donate now
We’re working hard to empower real people to shape the future of Pittsfield, but we need your help. Your donation today enables our successes tomorrow.
At Pittsfield Listens we engage a broad range of volunteers from high school students to community members and professions with skills in research, community organizing, technology and more. If you believe in this work and would like to join the team, please drop us a line and remember to include your interests and availability.
Join a Working Group
- Family & Community Engagement (FACE) Working Group: FACE encourages the power of parent, family, and community voice on issues and policies in the Pittsfield, NH School District. Supporting student achievement and school improvement through a Family School Partnership. Working Group membership includes parents, family members, non-parent community members, and past graduates of the Pittsfield Middle High School.
- Pittsfield Youth Voice in It Together (PYViiT): Encourages the power of youth voice on issues and policies that directly affect their education and their life in the town of Pittsfield, NH. Since 2013, PYViiT has worked to shift the current power dynamics in the community and its schools. PYViiT leaders have learned about community organizing models, conducted peer research within their schools to identify major issues students care about, worked within their school and town to build relationships and explore collaboration with other youth led groups, and participated in leadership development opportunities and trainings.Currently PYViiT leaders are working on four main goal areas:
- Expand PYViiT from a youth leadership model to a youth organizing model
- Develop and expand action on PYViiT priority issues through a youth organizing campaign
- Amplify Student Voice & Leadership on social location- exploring dynamics of power and oppression.
- Engage in local and regional efforts to build the movement for SCL
PYViiT works to ensure participating youth:
- Are connected and empowered within and outside their local community.
- Are supported with a network of adult allies.
- Gain skills in facilitating, organizing, communication, critical inquiry, and empathy.
- Explore issues within their community and its school and strategies for addressing them.
- Engage in issues of equity, power, and oppression.
- Have fun.
- Civic Engagement Working Group: The Civiv Engagement Working Group seeks to boost Pittsfield’s civic health. Since 2011, we have operated to bring residents together in informal ways to strengthen social networks, support community conversations using small group facilitated process of engagement, strengthen the effectiveness of residents as participants in governance by supporting easy access to information and decision makers. Examples of Pittsfield Listens Community Building projects are the Community Impact Awards, Candidates Night, and Round Table not Podiums community conversations.
Join our Facilitator Team
Are you interested in serving as a small group facilitator? Do you want to learn skills and strategies for helping all voices to be heard? Would you like to connect with others who are invested in proactive problem solving? Become a facilitator! The work of public engagement and deliberative dialogue is only as strong as its facilitators. Pittsfield Listens faciltiators are trained with NH Listens, and build experience by participaing in dialogues, serving as a recorder and co-facilitating a group. Anyone is welcome to become trained as a NH Listens facilitator. Upon completing a training, you have the opportunity to join a network of facilitators helping to assit in local, regional and statewide dialogues. We generally offer a small stipend to facilitators for community dialogues hosted by Pittsfield Listens.