Who We Are
Pittsfield Listens encourages the power of youth, parent, family, and community voice on issues and policies that directly affect their education and their life, with a specific focus on engaging those who have historically been underrepresented in educational decision making.
Pittsfield Listens seeks to:
- Empower youth and parent/family leaders through participatory methods and diverse leadership opportunities.
- Boost Pittsfield’s civic health with increased participation in public life.
- Support an engaged and equitable community.
- Improve community problem solving.
- Educate the public about the principles of student-centered learning and increase engagement with students, parents, family, and community members.
Pittsfield Listens operates with the following committees:
- Pittsfield Youth Voice in it Together (PYVIIT)
- Family & Community Engagement (FACE)
- Civic Engagement
Find out more about Pittsfield Listens here.