How Do Our Working Groups Work?
Pittsfield Listens brings stakeholders together to make Pittsfield a great place for everyone to live, learn, work, and play. Our mission is made possible in large part to Four working groups.
- The Pittsfield Youth Voice in it Together (PYViiT) Committee encourages the power of youth voice on issues and policies that directly affect their education and their life in the town of Pittsfield, NH. Since 2013, PYViiT has worked to shift the current power dynamics in the community and its schools.
- The Family & Community Engagement (FACE) Committee encourages the power of historically marginalized parent, family, and community member voices on issues and policies in the Pittsfield Schools. Since 2015, FACE has worked to support student achievement and school improvement through a Family-School Partnership.
- The Civic Engagement Committee brings together Pittsfield community members with different views to share ideas, get informed, and help shape the future of Pittsfield. How we work:
- Bring people together from all walks of life.
- Provide time for in-depth, informed conversations.
- Respect differences as well as seek common ground.
- Partner with local groups to create conversations among residents that are fair and lead to well-informed community.
- Strengthen engagement in public life and decision making.
The Civic Engagement committee will never take a position on a particular issue. We are here to create the process that allows all residents to talk about the issues and share ideas—not to say what needs to happen or how to vote. We want to get people together to talk about what is happening in our town, without feeling any pressure or agenda.
Futures Team are working to build a three year sustainability and growth plan for Pittsfield Listens. Since 2017, the Futures committee of Pittsfield Listens has been convening with staff, interns, students, parents and family members, school staff., and other community partners to envision the future of Pittsfield Listens, and to strengthen and grow the community-level results we want to achieve together.